The storm glass was popularised by Admiral Robert Fitzroy after his historic voyage on the HMS Beagle.
How the Storm Glass works is still a mystery, but it is believed that electromagnetic changes in weather patterns activate the crystals inside (sealed glass chamber fill with crystals when air pressure decreases).
This is a gorgeous decorative gift idea for the adult who has everything or someone who finds meteorology fascinating.
How to read:
- A: Clear Liquid - Bright and clear weather
- B: Cloudy Liquid - Sometimes with small stars and crystals at the top. Cloudy weather and often predicts thunderstorms and rain
- C: Small Stars in Liquid - Humid or foggy weather
- D: Large Flaky Crystals - Cloudy skies, snow in winter
- E: Threads of Crystals at The Top - Windy Weather
- F: Crystals at The Bottom - Frost may be coming
- Product Dimensions - 15 cm high
- Choking hazard: Contains small parts
- Suitable for ages 8+
Standard NZ Courier $6.95. Free delivery on orders over $85.
Order by 1pm weekdays & your order will be delivered:
- Urgent: Next Day
- Standard: 2-3 Weekdays
- Rural: 3-5 Weekdays
- Australia: 3-8 Weekdays
- International: Currently Unavailable
For more information on our shipping and returns policy, click here.